Whitney's Whirlwind Oscar Day Diary

A glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes of this historic Hollywood event


The sole performer at the elusive Elton John Oscar Viewing party’s beautiful blonde wife was my first RA_ babe of the day. I met her at an undisclosed West Hollywood hotel where all of Elton John’s exclusive guests were staying. This RA_ babe wanted an effortlessly show-stopping Academy-Award worthy look. I used a 3/4 inch iron to create a tight wave and added light hairspray to each individual piece before & after curling. I then flipped her hair over to add texture powder and break up the curls. When she flipped her hair back, we were both shocked at how BIG we managed to get her silky blonde hair. The style was very Carrie Bradshaw from sex and the city meets Diana Ross. Her makeup artist then completed the look with a classic strong red lip.

I then headed to my next RA_ babe in her private home, who planned to have two entirely unique red-carpet looks for both Oscar events that she would be attending that evening. First, she was headed to the Elton John Oscar viewing party, then after a complete outfit change, she would be found dazzling at the Vanity Fair party celebrating with the Oscar winners. For her first look, her hair would be sleek, straight & polished. I gave her a deep side part & a slight bend at the ends of her hair, whilst giving her a super shiny, almost wet look at the top.

Next, I arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel lobby to a sea of diamonds and gowns. When I met my next RA_ babe in her hotel suite, I spotted her pristine Oscar De La Renta dress, which inspired us both to channel Audrey Hepburn for a classic, old-Hollywood star look. I swept her hair up in a high chignon, ensuring her hair was sleek and smooth. She looked absolutely radiant as she sipped on champagne and enjoyed the calm before the storm of red-carpet cameras. Her husband lovingly doted on her in his tuxedo as they excitedly discussed their Oscar-win predictions.
I met with my next RA_ babe at an undisclosed luxury hotel in Beverly Hills, who would also be attending the Elton John Oscar viewing party, followed-by the Vanity Fair celebratory party. I arrived to see her looking breathtakingly stunning in long lace. This dress was so magnificent, that I knew her hair needed to be simple and chic, so as not to distract with too much texture. I instinctively knew that this classic beauty simply needed her beautiful brown hair to be properly parted and blown out. I gave her a lot of lift to frame her face and show off her gorgeous Lorraine Schwartz earrings. I then flat ironed each section to be sure that her hair would stay smooth against the humidity from the rain. Lastly, I sprayed it lightly with hair spray then handed her a thin black hair tie to fasten it in a low pony should her hair fall out of place during the length of time that she would be in attendance at the Academy Awards events.

Finally, time for my final RA_ babe of the day. I drove back to my place, poured a glass of Merlot & enjoyed my very own private Oscar viewing party for one!

Comments

Popular Posts