Dr. Youdim


We just had the magnificent pleasure of spending time in a two hour workshop with Dr. Adrienne Youdim! She is such an inspiration to us because of her incredible family, career and charisma. We asked her to come to RA_ RETREAT where she lead us in deep explorations of the 'WHY's of our lives and regain our sense of purpose. She then gave us tools to use to maintain balance and achieve our goals. 

Learn more about this fabulous woman in our interview!

How did you decide to get into clinical nutrition and weight loss?

I love this area of medicine because it is so accessible and yet so impactful. Everyone can make one or two small changes in their diet and the results can be so dramatic in terms of disease prevention and health. 

What is your favorite part about being a doctor?

Connection. I don’t take for granted the trust that it it takes for my patients to share themselves and their lives with me. That therapeutic bond means everything ❤️

Tell us an interesting fact about nutrition or weight loss that may surprise people.

Not all carbs are bad! In fact studies show that Incorpotating as little as 30 grams of carbs-in some cases that’s just half a cup- can result in longer life!

You are known for having it all! Balancing a beautiful family and career. While raising a family and working full time, what’s your biggest challenge and your biggest reward? 

Having it all is a state of mind. Some days I feel I do and other days I totally don’t. To struggle is human and no one is immune. My biggest challenge is being present in every moment as it is unfolding. It’s hard not to be negotiating the next item on the agenda when you are wearing multiple hats. But I have made it a priority and it is a work in progress. My biggest reward is growth. I love challenging my limits and my assumptions about what it is possible as a mother, as a professional and as a citizen of humanity. The process is both unnerving and exhilarating. 

Comments

Popular Posts